Saturday 14 April 2018

O.W.I Episode 2 What Next

                                               Nickel & Dime Productions
                                                              Presents
                                              Outer Worlds Investigations
                                              Episode 2 The Beast's Head

Makay"So what now ? we surely need to spring Julian"
Unsworth"Lets all calm down shall we, we need to proceed with the mission"
Makay"But...
Unsworth"No buts Charlie we've gone to a lot of trouble to try find something that will link Orr to Neaster & that's what we're going to keep on doing, Andrea have we anything from Orr's computer that might help ?"

Raponi" Well there's a mail from his son Paul the one that has the antique business, it appears that he sold an item to Neaster which he'd bought  only a couple of weeks earlier that has turned out to be a fake, even though all the paper work had all been in order & seemed above board when he bought it, the problem now facing Orr's son is that at best something like this could ruin his business & at worse see Paul getting a prison term"
Unsworth"Ok we've got what seems like the link but still nothing that shows Orr has done anything wrong, but my instinct would tell me this is some kind of blackmail sting all very nicely set up by Neaster but to what end"

Lapin"That would seems very likely sir but how do we go about trying to find out what Neaster is trying to get from Orr?"
Unsworth" That's the question Ford & the only place I can thing of to find the answer is the Beast's Head, this thing that's going to happen in the next day or two could it have anything to do with Orr & Neaster ? we need to go back there & try find out.
As they entered the Beast's Head, Unsworth"Start mingling & see what you can find out"
 Unsworth & Makay head off to the pool tables,
 but fail to learn anything.
 
Lady" What do you mean ? what kind of girl do you think I'm ?"
Raponi" Sorry Madam I think you misunderstood me"
Guard"You some nerve coming back in here after what you've pulled"
Lapin" You got paid for the uniforms & as your here I take it no blame came to you"
Guard" Yep but had I known what you wanted them for it would have cost a lot more"
Lapin" Well if its more credits your after we might be able to do a deal, I'm lookingfor some information & willing to pay well for it"
Guard" What do you need to know ?"
Women"I think I can help you, I've a list here that I'm sure you would find very interesting I was just about to send it to Commandant Orr from Mr Neaster, but it will cost you"
"If you don't mind I'm trying to listen to the music"
Unsworth" Oh sorry"
Man" Listen carefully I can't talk for long, go to landing bay 19 two nights from now"
"Who the hell are you & what's with all the questions ?"
Lapin" Look mate I'm only new around here & trying to find a bit of action to earn a few credits from"
"Ye well beat it while you still can"
 
"You should have gone when I told you to but it seem you & your mates are not the brightest"
Raponi" If these guys are any good in a fight were in trouble"
First to be rushed was Makay.
Then Lapin made a move for the guy who been doing the talking throwing a couple of quick punches.
Tables & stools went in all directions as a mass brawl  broke out.
Makay was the first one to go down under the blows.
One of the tugs pulled out a weapon to hit Lapin from behind with, but was put upon by one of the bouncers as weapons are not allowed to be used in brawls &
 these bouncers are not very forgiving to anyone trying to use one.
Numbers won out in the end & each member of the team was giving a hell of a beaten by the end of the fight, leaving them to head back to their accommodation blooded & bruised but with enough information to carry on with the case.
Cut
Designers Note As I'm using this tale to try out new rules I've made up I needed this scenario to be completely different from the first one & it helped me nail down somethings while other things still needs more work.

Well that's a rap for this post, as always my thanks for dropping in & if you'd care to be a movie critic & leave a comment it would be welcomed :)

12 comments:

  1. Well Nickel and Dime productions sure make first class sets, this one is great. The roulette wheels and pool tables are superb, especially with pool balls on the tables.
    The stage and bar are really nice touches, well done Frank.

    The story is romping along although I do think you are heartless leaving Julian behind like that, but that's the business they're in I guess.

    I think you are right making it a straight story but I would be interested in where the rules impacted the story. Not quite sure what I mean here because some of it is obvious, you question some one and they react, I know you are making or using a rule but how did you decide to leave Julian behind, that sort of thing.
    Did you custom build this set for these scenes, I probably should know but I don't remember if you have used this set in another movie. :)
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, I'll try answer your question on what happened.
      1) To rescue Julian which I had thought of would have created a game much like the first one & what then if one of the others was captured while trying ?

      2) The set is the same one as was used in Murder by Death but with different stuff with in it.

      3) On the rules as you know the story for me is everything but I understand where your coming from John, for all you know I could be just standing models around & taking pictures :) but believe I'm not as I want things I didn't plan for to happen.
      Your right, to ask a question I role a dice Academic Test if I passed I got a card & at the end for every poker I had I got to roll against Unsworth Academic skill to if they could put all the bit of information together, at the end I'd 6 pokers & passed 4 of the rolls so they learned a good bit of stuff, the coloured Joker been drawn ended the question part of things.

      The brawl at the end happened because of a roll of 96 or more on some of the tests when asking the questions, plus it made the movie more exciting I hope ;) I should point out brawling is different from close combat as when brawling the idea is only to give someone a beating as in close combat the idea is to kill them.

      Hope that helps John & thanks for asking the questions.

      Delete
  2. I guess some people are belligerent drunks... :P

    I'm pretty sure I haven't seen the set before. Nice work on the pool tables! (can't help but see the stools as pushpin heads though) And a nice eclectic assortment of extras; I think we have seen some of them in other Nickel & Dime productions, but the mix works well in this sort of setting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fitz, yes been a belligerent drunk does have its advantages :) the set was the one I used in Murder by Death but with different things within it, yes the pushpin heads are not great but I wouldn't have nearly enough chairs to use in this set up :(

      Thanks for letting me know you though the extras I used worked because I was a bit unsure when setting things up, my aim is to have the setting lose enough that I can more or less use what ever I want.

      Delete
    2. The push pins are an easy and cheap solution for bar stools, I got some that had a wooden head rather than coloured plastic and I did put a wash on them as well but every time I look at them I see Push Pins.
      The Murder by Death was my favourite so far but you kept the camera shots very tight and we didn't see the overall room, so good use of the same set. :)

      Delete
    3. Yep I think we all agree that push pins are not great so need to go back to the drawn-board on stools :(

      In this business you need to be able to use stuff over & over John :)

      Delete
  3. Nice and atmospheric, love the characters and the furniture...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, I'm glad your enjoying things :)

      Delete
  4. Fun setting (looks very good btw) and an interesting take on an investigation-type game. A good break from the more traditions shoot-em-ups

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Joe, shoot-em-ups can be fun but it also fun to do other stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent sequel to part one with a nice change of pace Frank. I can only repeat everyone else's comments about the presentation - great scenery, props and characters :-)
    I'm pre-booking tickets for the rest of the series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks WA, it was a nice change of pace alright its always hard to know how these type of games will come across but judging from the comments it would seem like it worked :)

      Delete

Followers